We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and engaged Estimator to join our team! As a construction estimator your main responsibility will be to aid in the Pre-Construction portion of our projects by preparing budgets, schedules and other pertinent documents for custom home builds and renovations.
Job Responsibilities Includes:
- Prepare and estimating budget costs for construction by studying plans and specifications.
- Perform accurate materials take-offs.
- Write up and present budgets, reports, and project plans.
- Develop bids for construction projects.
- Assist in creating project schedules.
- Effectively communicate and work closely with architects and other industry professionals.
- Ability to practice value engineering with PMs, architects, and clients.
- Schedule meetings with clients, site managers, and staff.
- Process paperwork and traveling to building sites as required.
- Stay up to date with safety codes and improvements in construction.
Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- 7 paid Holidays
- Employer-sponsored Health Benefits with company contribution, Health Savings Account option
- Group Dental Plan Options
- Employer matched retirement plan (401k)
- Tool Stipend
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Flexible Schedule Options
- Option for Bonus Pay
Education and Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of residential construction, commercial also preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn and work as a team
- Knowledge and understanding of the value engineering process
- Time management and planning skills, self-motivating and self-managing
- Knowledge of Assembling and reviewing budgets and schedules
- Comfort in both office and construction site environments
- Computer proficiency which includes using Microsoft office, Excel, G Suite, Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of construction software, specifically Procore, preferred not required
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Construction Management (preferred not required) or at least 2 years’ experience working within the construction field
Please send your resume and describe your work experience, and why you would like to be part of Phi. We would love to meet with you, introduce you to the team and our workplace, and discuss your employment options with us.
Phi Builders + Architects is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our crew. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion , color, national origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status are required by applicable law.
Job Type: Full Time; Part Time
Salary: $25-38 per hour, negotiation based on experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday; Hours tbd
Location: Rockport, ME (Potential for some remote work)